New Jersey News
Arrest made in death of Bloomfield teen killed in crash
BLOOMFIELD (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in connection with the deadly Bloomfield, New Jersey accident where a 16-year-old girl died.
Camasco, 23, surrendered to authorities on Thursday. He is currently being held at the Essex County Correctional Facility on $100,000 bail.
"As the investigation progressed facts were developed that warranted the filing of charges,'' said Chief Assistant Essex County Prosecutor Thomas Fennelly, noting the case will still be sent to the grand jury.
Four other people suffered non-life threatening injuries in the Sept. 29 crash.
Lembo was a passenger in one of the two vehicles that collided in Bloomfield. She was taken to a hospital but died there a short time later.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bloomfield, essex county, accident, new jersey news
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 47 min ago
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 48 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
47 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
40 min ago