New Jersey News
Arrest made in death of Bloomfield teen killed in crash
BLOOMFIELD (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in connection with the deadly Bloomfield, New Jersey accident where a 16-year-old girl died.
Camasco, 23, surrendered to authorities on Thursday. He is currently being held at the Essex County Correctional Facility on $100,000 bail.
"As the investigation progressed facts were developed that warranted the filing of charges,'' said Chief Assistant Essex County Prosecutor Thomas Fennelly, noting the case will still be sent to the grand jury.
Four other people suffered non-life threatening injuries in the Sept. 29 crash.
Lembo was a passenger in one of the two vehicles that collided in Bloomfield. She was taken to a hospital but died there a short time later.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bloomfield, essex county, accident, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014