New Jersey News
Attempted child luring investigated in Hackensack
HACKENSACK (WABC) -- Hackensack police are investigating the attempted luring of an 11-year-old boy.
The incident happened at approximately 7:30 on Friday morning as the boy was walking to school.
Authorities say he was approached by older white male wearing sunglasses with stubby facial hair at the intersection of Union and Sussex Streets.
The man was driving a Jeep Wrangler and asked the child if he knew where to find Costco. When the child said no, investigators said the driver told the boy to get in the car.
The boy refused and ran away. The driver then fled the area.
Police believe this may connected to the other two incidents that happened earlier in the week in Maywood and Oradell.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,... 4 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack 42 min ago
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home 25 min ago
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal 56 min ago
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars 14 min ago