New Jersey News
P.A. reopens Bayonne Bridge after emergency drill
BAYONNE, N.J. (WABC) -- The Port Authority reopened the Bayonne Bridge in both directions Sunday morning at 9:00 am, after the completion of a successful multi-agency emergency safety drill.
The span had been be closed since 4:30 a.m.
The Port Authority said the drill was to simulate a head-on collision that results in multiple accidents on the roads leading to the bridge.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bayonne, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 2 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 21 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 59 min ago
- NY lawmakers to announce legislation preventing bridge tolls
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing 26 min ago
- Budget bill heads to the Senate
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
2 min ago