New Jersey News
Young students rescue wandering child near school
PERTH AMBOY, New Jersey -- Police are crediting three middle school students with rescuing a toddler who wandered away from her grandmother's home in New Jersey.
Police in Perth Amboy say the two 13-year-old boys and 12-year-old girl were walking home from the McGinnis Middle School when they spotted the 14-month-old girl along Market Street.
Police Chief Benjamin Ruiz tells The Home News Tribune of East Brunswick the students grabbed the child and called police Tuesday.
The toddler was reunited with her grandmother.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say 53 min ago
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
12 min ago