New Jersey News
Another case of attempted luring in NJ
NEW MILFORD (WABC) -- There has been another case of attempted luring in New Jersey.
The incident took place in the parking lot of a Dunkin Donuts in New Milford on Saturday afternoon. A 12-year-old girl was waiting for her mother, who was inside the store, when a man approached her in the vehicle, and asked why she was alone and if she would go with him.
The girl ignored the man, and he fled. She then went inside the Dunkin Donuts to get her mother.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect. They say he also tried to lure away two other girls - one of them on Friday.
There have now been four attempted lurings in the area. Three of the four match the sketch they released yesterday. The other sketch matches the description of the suspect from Westwood.
New Milford police have added extra patrols and are making reverse 911 calls to warn residents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new milford, bergen county, luring, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation