New Jersey News
Man falls from escalator at MetLife Stadium
EAST RUTHERFORD -- New Jersey State Police say a man has been critically hurt after falling more than 20 feet from an escalator as he exited MetLife Stadium after the New York Giants and Washington Redskins game.
Sgt. Adam Grossman says the 42-year-old man was leaving the stadium in East Rutherford on Sunday at 4 p.m. when he fell over the side of the escalator. It's not clear what caused him to fall.
A spokesman identified the victim as David Chupcavich of Orange, Conn. It's not clear what caused him to fall.
Grossman says Chupcavich fell about 21 feet and landed on a metal stage.
Chupcavich was airlifted to Hackensack University Hospital. He was described as critical on Sunday night, but a hospital spokeswoman said his family asked that his condition not be released.
The Giants beat the Redskins 27-23 with a late 77-yard scoring pass from Eli Manning. More than 80,000 fans attended the game.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, new york giants, new jersey news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 44 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 44 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 15 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital