New Jersey News
Man falls from escalator at MetLife Stadium
EAST RUTHERFORD -- New Jersey State Police say a man has been critically hurt after falling more than 20 feet from an escalator as he exited MetLife Stadium after the New York Giants and Washington Redskins game.
Sgt. Adam Grossman says the 42-year-old man was leaving the stadium in East Rutherford on Sunday at 4 p.m. when he fell over the side of the escalator. It's not clear what caused him to fall.
A spokesman identified the victim as David Chupcavich of Orange, Conn. It's not clear what caused him to fall.
Grossman says Chupcavich fell about 21 feet and landed on a metal stage.
Chupcavich was airlifted to Hackensack University Hospital. He was described as critical on Sunday night, but a hospital spokeswoman said his family asked that his condition not be released.
The Giants beat the Redskins 27-23 with a late 77-yard scoring pass from Eli Manning. More than 80,000 fans attended the game.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, new york giants, new jersey news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
5 min ago