New Jersey News
Asphalt tanker fire near Outerbridge Crossing
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The Outerbridge Crossing is reopened to traffic in both directions after an asphalt tanker caught fire.
The fire appeared to be in piping or a pump connected to an asphalt tanker in Perth Amboy just south of the bridge.
Firefighters foamed the tank to try to get the flames out.
Traffic was shut down in both directions for about a half-hour. A speed restriction of 35 m.p.h. was in place due to the smoke condition from the fire.
The bridge takes traffic between Staten Island and New Jersey.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fire, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks 52 min ago
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane 48 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 20 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos