New Jersey News
Trying to find hidden jewels in Bergen County
WYCKOFF, NJ (WABC) -- Tens of thousands of dollars of jewelry has been hidden throughout one county in New Jersey.
It's all part of a scavenger hunt with the clues posted online. The locations: 12 towns in the Bergen County area.
When someone finds the jewelry, they get to keep it!
Each piece goes in a bag to sit somewhere in the Bergen County area. Clues to find it are at devonfinejewelry.com.
This is the fourth year Devon Fine Jewelry has done conducted the hunt.
What's the fastest someone has cracked the code? A minute. The longest is just a half-hour.
Nancy Schuring is the mastermind behind this jewelry scavenger hunt, worth about 30-grand. Since she is giving it away, some think she's lost her mind. She doesn't care!
People document the whole hunt and post online as it is happening.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bergen county, wyckoff, new jersey news, michelle charlesworth
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 37 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 37 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 8 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital 57 min ago
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych...
57 min ago