New Jersey News
Homeland Security secretary to visit New Jersey
MIDDLETOWN -- U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is slated to return to New Jersey to get an update on recovery efforts from Superstorm Sandy.
Napolitano oversees the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Napolitano will be joined Friday by U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan. Housing for those displaced by the storm is a major component of the recovery.
They're scheduled to hold a briefing at FEMA's Joint Information Center in Middletown.
Vice President Joe Biden on Sunday is scheduled to visit areas in New Jersey devastated by Sandy.
Impacted residents in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut can apply for federal assistance. Affected residents must register with FEMA by phone or online to access that aid. To register by phone, residents can call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). The TTY line for people with speech or hearing disabilities is 1-800-462-7585. The line is open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., seven days per week. To register online, applications may be completed at DisasterAssistance.gov.
If residents have disaster assistance questions, they may call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-3362.
Consumers who believe they have been cheated or scammed by a business, or suspect any other form of consumer abuse, can file a complaint with the State Division of Consumer Affairs by visiting its website or by calling 1-800-242-5846 (toll free within New Jersey ) or 973-504-6200.
Animal Rescue Teams helps reunite families with their pets
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
ortley beach, tropical storm, hurricane sandy, weather emergency, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act