New Jersey News
Gov. Christie makes cameo on 'Saturday Night Live'
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie earned some late-night laughs on "Saturday Night Live."
One day after ducking questions about Twinkies-maker Hostess shutting down to avoid giving comedians fodder and saying he's on "SNL" enough, Christie made a cameo appearance on "Weekend Update."
The tough-talking governor poked fun at his notoriously short temper and the familiar blue fleece jacket that he has worn while touring the state following Superstorm Sandy.
Christie thanked the Red Cross and first responders. He also thanked his wife, who he said has put up with "a husband who has smelled like a wet fleece for the last three weeks."
He took a swipe at New Jersey officials who failed to follow his orders before Sandy, refusing to thank "any of the stupid mayors" who ignored his evacuation orders, calling them "idiots."
Christie closed by quoting from the Bruce Springsteen song "Atlantic City."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, chris christie, new jersey news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey