New Jersey News
Caretaker charged in death of 91-year-old woman
UNION CITY (WABC) -- Hudson County police have charged a caretaker in connection to the death of a 91-year-old woman found in her Union City home on Saturday morning.
Authorities say Mildred Schnabel was found in the living room of her single home, where she resided with her son, 56-year-old Peter Schnable.
Police says that when Peter left for work Friday morning, he used shoe strings tied together to secure his mother in her chair recliner to prevent her from falling out. When Peter returned in the morning, he found her slumped in the recliner.
Peter tried to perform C.P.R. and called 911 but when paramedics came, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Peter Schnabel was charged on a summons complaint with Neglect of an Elderly Person. The investigation is continuing and the police are waiting for results from the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 59 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera 35 min ago
- Disturbing details emerge about suspected Etan Patz killer 21 min ago
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
59 min ago