New Jersey News
Police-involved shooting in Newark, suspect dead
NEWARK (WABC) -- A police-involved shooting took place in Newark on Tuesday night.
The shooting happened at around 7:45 p.m. at the intersection of Frelinghuysen Avenue and Whittier Place.
The suspect who was shot was taken to University Hospital, where he later died.
Sources say a gun that is believed to be the suspect's was recovered at the scene.
No police officers were shot.
The details of the shooting are under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shopping, new jersey news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 50 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 59 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role 11 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
46 min ago