New Jersey News
Man who talked of cannibalism charged with luring teen
NEWARK (WABC) -- A man who discussed child cannibalism online is now charged with luring a 15-year-old boy for a sexual encounter.
Robert Mucha of Newton, New Jersey was already facing a child pornography charge from July.
The U.S. Attorney's Office added another child pornography count and a count of enticing a minor to engage in criminal sexual activity. The enticing count carries a minimum 10-year prison sentence and a maximum life sentence.
Authorities say Mucha, 56, convinced the 15-year-old to travel from New Jersey to an apartment in Stroudsburg, Pa., to have sex in October 2010.
Prosecutors say he also allegedly admitted having sexual fantasies about child cannibalism.
Mucha was first arrested last July at his home in Andover Township.
According to prosecutors, he engaged in online chats with a Kansas City man who allegedly shared his bizarre fetish for pedophilia and cannibalism.
Authorities say they have obtained chat logs consisting of 30-thousand lines of text described as "vivid and gruesome." Mucha allegedly had pictures on his computer of children engaged in sexual activity.
"They are unspeakably horrific," Assistant U.S. Attorney Andrew Bruck told U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael Hammer.
Prosecutors also say Mucha told them he has inappropriately touched over 100 children.
Since last fall Mucha worked as a volunteer EMT at the Lakeland Emergency Squad. Back in the 1990s, authorities say he was in direct contact with teens, working as a music instructor in Belleville and Lakewood.
Mucha made a brief court appearance in Newark on Wednesday. His attorney didn't comment after the hearing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, child porn, child abuse, crime, arrest, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 44 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 11 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 2 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest