New Jersey News
Man who talked of cannibalism charged with luring teen
NEWARK (WABC) -- A man who discussed child cannibalism online is now charged with luring a 15-year-old boy for a sexual encounter.
Robert Mucha of Newton, New Jersey was already facing a child pornography charge from July.
The U.S. Attorney's Office added another child pornography count and a count of enticing a minor to engage in criminal sexual activity. The enticing count carries a minimum 10-year prison sentence and a maximum life sentence.
Authorities say Mucha, 56, convinced the 15-year-old to travel from New Jersey to an apartment in Stroudsburg, Pa., to have sex in October 2010.
Prosecutors say he also allegedly admitted having sexual fantasies about child cannibalism.
Mucha was first arrested last July at his home in Andover Township.
According to prosecutors, he engaged in online chats with a Kansas City man who allegedly shared his bizarre fetish for pedophilia and cannibalism.
Authorities say they have obtained chat logs consisting of 30-thousand lines of text described as "vivid and gruesome." Mucha allegedly had pictures on his computer of children engaged in sexual activity.
"They are unspeakably horrific," Assistant U.S. Attorney Andrew Bruck told U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael Hammer.
Prosecutors also say Mucha told them he has inappropriately touched over 100 children.
Since last fall Mucha worked as a volunteer EMT at the Lakeland Emergency Squad. Back in the 1990s, authorities say he was in direct contact with teens, working as a music instructor in Belleville and Lakewood.
Mucha made a brief court appearance in Newark on Wednesday. His attorney didn't comment after the hearing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, child porn, child abuse, crime, arrest, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Shooting reported at Colorado High School 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 1 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says 23 min ago
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 47 min ago
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 48 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
1 min ago