New Jersey News
Man who talked of cannibalism charged with luring teen
NEWARK (WABC) -- A man who discussed child cannibalism online is now charged with luring a 15-year-old boy for a sexual encounter.
Robert Mucha of Newton, New Jersey was already facing a child pornography charge from July.
The U.S. Attorney's Office added another child pornography count and a count of enticing a minor to engage in criminal sexual activity. The enticing count carries a minimum 10-year prison sentence and a maximum life sentence.
Authorities say Mucha, 56, convinced the 15-year-old to travel from New Jersey to an apartment in Stroudsburg, Pa., to have sex in October 2010.
Prosecutors say he also allegedly admitted having sexual fantasies about child cannibalism.
Mucha was first arrested last July at his home in Andover Township.
According to prosecutors, he engaged in online chats with a Kansas City man who allegedly shared his bizarre fetish for pedophilia and cannibalism.
Authorities say they have obtained chat logs consisting of 30-thousand lines of text described as "vivid and gruesome." Mucha allegedly had pictures on his computer of children engaged in sexual activity.
"They are unspeakably horrific," Assistant U.S. Attorney Andrew Bruck told U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael Hammer.
Prosecutors also say Mucha told them he has inappropriately touched over 100 children.
Since last fall Mucha worked as a volunteer EMT at the Lakeland Emergency Squad. Back in the 1990s, authorities say he was in direct contact with teens, working as a music instructor in Belleville and Lakewood.
Mucha made a brief court appearance in Newark on Wednesday. His attorney didn't comment after the hearing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, child porn, child abuse, crime, arrest, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
46 min ago