New Jersey News
Police in New Jersey fatally shoot armed robbery suspect
LEONIA -- Authorities are investigating the police-involved fatal shooting of a 47-year-old Leonia man who officials say robbed a pharmacy.
Bergen County Prosecutor John L. Molinelli says Rickey L. McFadden was killed Sunday shortly after he entered a CVS pharmacy around 4:30 p.m. with a large knife, taking cash and other goods.
Molinelli says officers from the borough and Palisades Park attempted to apprehend McFadden, who still had the knife. During a confrontation, McFadden was shot and killed.
The prosecutor says three officers were involved. Their identities are known by their police chiefs in Leonia and Palisades Park and they've retained legal counsel. He declined to disclose further details.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bergen county, police shooting, robbery, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway 50 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Suspect questioned after body found in container 32 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58 12 min ago
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos