New Jersey News
Police in New Jersey fatally shoot armed robbery suspect
LEONIA -- Authorities are investigating the police-involved fatal shooting of a 47-year-old Leonia man who officials say robbed a pharmacy.
Bergen County Prosecutor John L. Molinelli says Rickey L. McFadden was killed Sunday shortly after he entered a CVS pharmacy around 4:30 p.m. with a large knife, taking cash and other goods.
Molinelli says officers from the borough and Palisades Park attempted to apprehend McFadden, who still had the knife. During a confrontation, McFadden was shot and killed.
The prosecutor says three officers were involved. Their identities are known by their police chiefs in Leonia and Palisades Park and they've retained legal counsel. He declined to disclose further details.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bergen county, police shooting, robbery, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act