New Jersey News
Police in New Jersey fatally shoot armed robbery suspect
LEONIA -- Authorities are investigating the police-involved fatal shooting of a 47-year-old Leonia man who officials say robbed a pharmacy.
Bergen County Prosecutor John L. Molinelli says Rickey L. McFadden was killed Sunday shortly after he entered a CVS pharmacy around 4:30 p.m. with a large knife, taking cash and other goods.
Molinelli says officers from the borough and Palisades Park attempted to apprehend McFadden, who still had the knife. During a confrontation, McFadden was shot and killed.
The prosecutor says three officers were involved. Their identities are known by their police chiefs in Leonia and Palisades Park and they've retained legal counsel. He declined to disclose further details.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bergen county, police shooting, robbery, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees