New Jersey News
Police in New Jersey fatally shoot armed robbery suspect
LEONIA -- Authorities are investigating the police-involved fatal shooting of a 47-year-old Leonia man who officials say robbed a pharmacy.
Bergen County Prosecutor John L. Molinelli says Rickey L. McFadden was killed Sunday shortly after he entered a CVS pharmacy around 4:30 p.m. with a large knife, taking cash and other goods.
Molinelli says officers from the borough and Palisades Park attempted to apprehend McFadden, who still had the knife. During a confrontation, McFadden was shot and killed.
The prosecutor says three officers were involved. Their identities are known by their police chiefs in Leonia and Palisades Park and they've retained legal counsel. He declined to disclose further details.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bergen county, police shooting, robbery, new jersey news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013