New Jersey News
Police in New Jersey fatally shoot armed robbery suspect
LEONIA -- Authorities are investigating the police-involved fatal shooting of a 47-year-old Leonia man who officials say robbed a pharmacy.
Bergen County Prosecutor John L. Molinelli says Rickey L. McFadden was killed Sunday shortly after he entered a CVS pharmacy around 4:30 p.m. with a large knife, taking cash and other goods.
Molinelli says officers from the borough and Palisades Park attempted to apprehend McFadden, who still had the knife. During a confrontation, McFadden was shot and killed.
The prosecutor says three officers were involved. Their identities are known by their police chiefs in Leonia and Palisades Park and they've retained legal counsel. He declined to disclose further details.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bergen county, police shooting, robbery, new jersey news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 11 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 32 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 2 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 54 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos