New Jersey News
Hospital worker accused in patient sex assaults
PLAINSBORO (WABC) -- A New Jersey hospital emergency room worker is accused of forcing a female patient to improperly touch him and, in a separate incident, of sexually assaulting another female patient.
Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce Kaplan and Plainsboro Police Chief Richard Furda announced that 30-year-old Edher Osorio, of Princeton, was arrested at his home on November 24 and charged with criminal sexual contact and sexual assault.
The alleged contact happened on November 23 with a 60-year-old female patient, while the alleged assault occurred with a 36-year-old female patient in June 2012.
Osorio, who had been employed as an emergency room technician at The University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro, is being held at the Middlesex County Adult Correction Center in North Brunswick in lieu of $200,000 bail.
Police say the criminal sexual contact charge was filed after it was determined that Osorio placed the 60-year-old woman's hand on his genitals, and parted her thighs to improperly view her, after she was brought to the hospital emergency room at 10:30 p.m. on November 23.
The investigation subsequently determined that in June 2012, Osorio fondled and digitally penetrated the 36-year-old female when she was brought to the hospital emergency room.
The investigation began after the 60-year-old patient reported the criminal sexual contact to hospital authorities, who reported it to the Plainsboro Police Department.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Terpanick of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office at (732) 745-3600, or Detective McElrath of the Plainsboro Police Department at (609) 799-2333.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, sexual assault, new jersey news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 49 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 52 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 53 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments 31 min ago
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 8 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 27 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
53 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
52 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos