New Jersey News
Video released of suspect in 150 New Jersey burglaries
WEST ORANGE (WABC) -- New Jersey police have released video of a man wanted in connection with at least 150 burglaries.
Fail lawn is just one of the many communities where this serial burglar has hit stores.
But 11 days ago, he struck again south of West Orange where they got some very good video of him.
This burglar was caught on security cameras and is seen breaking into a Chinese restaurant. He kicks away at the glass in the front door until it breaks and then he just backs right inside.
Lt. Richard Levens with the West Orange Police Department says once they put out the surveillance video out, that's when they discovered the unthinkable.
This suspect, officials say, is wanted in over 150 similar burglaries of small businesses in Essex and three other counties.
He has also targeted businesses located in small-town strip malls, including bakeries, bagel shops, delis and dry cleaners.
Most of the incidents occur between 1 a.m. And 5 a.m., with most occurring on early Sunday mornings.
He is described as a heavy-set black man, standing approximately 5-foot-8 to 6-foot-2, with facial hair. He has worn gloves during the commercial burglaries, and there is no confirmed vehicle information. Authorities say he does not park his vehicle in close proximity to the establishment, and has been seen on surveillance video walking to the front of the business.
Anyone with information is asked to call police. He either pries open part of a glass door or door frame to gain entry. He then pries open a cash register, using a meat cleaver and leaves with either cash or the register which he discards.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, burglary, new jersey news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 13 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 41 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings 9 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 7 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos