New Jersey News
Irvington police chief suspended
IRVINGTON, N.J. -- - Irvington Police Chief Michael Chase is suspended without pay.
Monday's action comes after the Essex County Prosecutor's Office found Chase committed at least 130 violations of Attorney general's Office Guidelines and department regulations.
Irvington Police Director Joseph Santiago said the review found Chase had recently stopped an internal misconduct probe of his nephew, who is a police officer.
Santiago also says Chase used department resources and personnel "to facilitate and pay for repairs of a relative's car.
Chase declined comment on the allegations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, irvington, new jersey news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 32 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache 43 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown, 15 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea 5 min ago
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active' 29 min ago
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday 30 min ago
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse 32 min ago
- Lingering flood waters create commuting...
43 min ago