New Jersey News
Irvington police chief suspended
IRVINGTON, N.J. -- - Irvington Police Chief Michael Chase is suspended without pay.
Monday's action comes after the Essex County Prosecutor's Office found Chase committed at least 130 violations of Attorney general's Office Guidelines and department regulations.
Irvington Police Director Joseph Santiago said the review found Chase had recently stopped an internal misconduct probe of his nephew, who is a police officer.
Santiago also says Chase used department resources and personnel "to facilitate and pay for repairs of a relative's car.
Chase declined comment on the allegations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, irvington, new jersey news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide