New Jersey News
High school basketball player collapses, dies in Red Bank
LITTLE SILVER (WABC) -- A New Jersey high school basketball player died Monday after collapsing during a team scrimmage.
Authorities say 17-year-old Albert Martin collapsed around 4:30 p.m., after about 45 minutes of scrimmaging, at Red Bank Regional High School and later died at the hospital.
Martin was a returning forward for the Red Bank varsity team.
His coach says Martin did not have any pre-existing medical conditions, and it is presently unknown what led to his death.
School officials said district counselors and a crisis management team were available for students and staff affected by Martin's death.
Martin was a senior at the school in Monmouth County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, red bank, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen