New Jersey News
High school basketball player collapses, dies in Red Bank
LITTLE SILVER (WABC) -- A New Jersey high school basketball player died Monday after collapsing during a team scrimmage.
Authorities say 17-year-old Albert Martin collapsed around 4:30 p.m., after about 45 minutes of scrimmaging, at Red Bank Regional High School and later died at the hospital.
Martin was a returning forward for the Red Bank varsity team.
His coach says Martin did not have any pre-existing medical conditions, and it is presently unknown what led to his death.
School officials said district counselors and a crisis management team were available for students and staff affected by Martin's death.
Martin was a senior at the school in Monmouth County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, red bank, new jersey news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen