New Jersey News
1st medical marijuana dispensary open in New Jersey
MONTCLAIR -- New Jersey's first medical marijuana dispensary has finally opened its doors.
Greenleaf Compassion Center in Montclair says they initially will see patients by appointment only. About 20 patients are scheduled to meet Thursday with Greenleaf staff, who have been calling patients in the order the state issued their identification cards.
State officials have registered 338 patients, and another 61 applications are under review.
Patients are limited to no more than two ounces of marijuana per month. But Greenleaf initially plans to sell no more than a half-ounce to each person, so the supply can stretch to every registered patient.
In October, Greenleaf became the first medical marijuana provider licensed in New Jersey nearly three years after passage of a law to allow medicinal cannabis in the state.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, marijuana, medical marijuana, new jersey news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner 10 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton? 14 min ago
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner 16 min ago
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages 50 min ago
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos