New Jersey News
1st medical marijuana dispensary open in New Jersey
MONTCLAIR -- New Jersey's first medical marijuana dispensary has finally opened its doors.
Greenleaf Compassion Center in Montclair says they initially will see patients by appointment only. About 20 patients are scheduled to meet Thursday with Greenleaf staff, who have been calling patients in the order the state issued their identification cards.
State officials have registered 338 patients, and another 61 applications are under review.
Patients are limited to no more than two ounces of marijuana per month. But Greenleaf initially plans to sell no more than a half-ounce to each person, so the supply can stretch to every registered patient.
In October, Greenleaf became the first medical marijuana provider licensed in New Jersey nearly three years after passage of a law to allow medicinal cannabis in the state.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, marijuana, medical marijuana, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 19 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
19 min ago