New Jersey News
Police make arrest in deadly Elizabeth hit and run
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in a deadly hit and run accident in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
It happened at around 3:40 a.m. Saturday, as a pedestrian was walking west on East Jersey Avenue, across Routes 1 and 9.
He was hit by a vehicle heading south that kept on going.
After a short pursuit, police managed to track down the car and apprehended the driver.
He was taken to an area hospital. The extent of his injuries is still not known.
The pedestrian, whose identity has not yet been released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, elizabeth, hit and run accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury 54 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 31 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 41 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos