New Jersey News
Police make arrest in deadly Elizabeth hit and run
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in a deadly hit and run accident in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
It happened at around 3:40 a.m. Saturday, as a pedestrian was walking west on East Jersey Avenue, across Routes 1 and 9.
He was hit by a vehicle heading south that kept on going.
After a short pursuit, police managed to track down the car and apprehended the driver.
He was taken to an area hospital. The extent of his injuries is still not known.
The pedestrian, whose identity has not yet been released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, elizabeth, hit and run accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide 25 min ago