New Jersey News
Police make arrest in deadly Elizabeth hit and run
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in a deadly hit and run accident in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
It happened at around 3:40 a.m. Saturday, as a pedestrian was walking west on East Jersey Avenue, across Routes 1 and 9.
He was hit by a vehicle heading south that kept on going.
After a short pursuit, police managed to track down the car and apprehended the driver.
He was taken to an area hospital. The extent of his injuries is still not known.
The pedestrian, whose identity has not yet been released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, elizabeth, hit and run accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos