New Jersey News
Police make arrest in deadly Elizabeth hit and run
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in a deadly hit and run accident in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
It happened at around 3:40 a.m. Saturday, as a pedestrian was walking west on East Jersey Avenue, across Routes 1 and 9.
He was hit by a vehicle heading south that kept on going.
After a short pursuit, police managed to track down the car and apprehended the driver.
He was taken to an area hospital. The extent of his injuries is still not known.
The pedestrian, whose identity has not yet been released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, elizabeth, hit and run accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 24 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term 42 min ago
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break 31 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
24 min ago