New Jersey News
State police probing deadly boat crash off New Jersey coast
LONG BRANCH, N.J. -- State police say the cause of a deadly boating accident off the central New Jersey coast this weekend remains under investigation.
Thirty-one-year-old Eric Kim of Woodbridge Township was killed Saturday when the 18-foot pleasure craft he was in and a 38-foot Yellowfin fishing boat collided.
The accident occurred around 1:15 p.m. Saturday in the Atlantic Ocean, about 1.5 miles south of Long Branch.
Kim suffered a head injury in the accident and died a short time later at a hospital. But authorities said Sunday that a cause of death has not yet been determined.
Thirty-four-year-old Soo Lee of Sayreville, who was driving the boat Kim was in, suffered minor cuts in the collision. The four people aboard the larger vessel were not injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, long branch, boat accident, new jersey news
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session 35 min ago
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills 30 min ago
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300 3 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam,...
30 min ago