New Jersey News
State police probing deadly boat crash off New Jersey coast
LONG BRANCH, N.J. -- State police say the cause of a deadly boating accident off the central New Jersey coast this weekend remains under investigation.
Thirty-one-year-old Eric Kim of Woodbridge Township was killed Saturday when the 18-foot pleasure craft he was in and a 38-foot Yellowfin fishing boat collided.
The accident occurred around 1:15 p.m. Saturday in the Atlantic Ocean, about 1.5 miles south of Long Branch.
Kim suffered a head injury in the accident and died a short time later at a hospital. But authorities said Sunday that a cause of death has not yet been determined.
Thirty-four-year-old Soo Lee of Sayreville, who was driving the boat Kim was in, suffered minor cuts in the collision. The four people aboard the larger vessel were not injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, long branch, boat accident, new jersey news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 25 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall