New Jersey News
State police probing deadly boat crash off New Jersey coast
LONG BRANCH, N.J. -- State police say the cause of a deadly boating accident off the central New Jersey coast this weekend remains under investigation.
Thirty-one-year-old Eric Kim of Woodbridge Township was killed Saturday when the 18-foot pleasure craft he was in and a 38-foot Yellowfin fishing boat collided.
The accident occurred around 1:15 p.m. Saturday in the Atlantic Ocean, about 1.5 miles south of Long Branch.
Kim suffered a head injury in the accident and died a short time later at a hospital. But authorities said Sunday that a cause of death has not yet been determined.
Thirty-four-year-old Soo Lee of Sayreville, who was driving the boat Kim was in, suffered minor cuts in the collision. The four people aboard the larger vessel were not injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, long branch, boat accident, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos