New Jersey News
State police probing deadly boat crash off New Jersey coast
LONG BRANCH, N.J. -- State police say the cause of a deadly boating accident off the central New Jersey coast this weekend remains under investigation.
Thirty-one-year-old Eric Kim of Woodbridge Township was killed Saturday when the 18-foot pleasure craft he was in and a 38-foot Yellowfin fishing boat collided.
The accident occurred around 1:15 p.m. Saturday in the Atlantic Ocean, about 1.5 miles south of Long Branch.
Kim suffered a head injury in the accident and died a short time later at a hospital. But authorities said Sunday that a cause of death has not yet been determined.
Thirty-four-year-old Soo Lee of Sayreville, who was driving the boat Kim was in, suffered minor cuts in the collision. The four people aboard the larger vessel were not injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, long branch, boat accident, new jersey news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos