New Jersey News
Crash on Route 80 in Saddle Brook leaves 1 dead, 7 injured
SADDLE BROOK, N.J. -- State police say a driver was killed and 7 people were hurt when two cars collided on a northern New Jersey highway.
The crash occurred around 7:30 p.m. Saturday on Route 80 westbound.
Police say the man who was killed apparently lost control of his vehicle and collided with a car in another westbound lane. Both cars then went onto the grass median on the right side of the highway and flipped over.
The driver of the first car was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger suffered serious injuries and remained hospitalized Sunday, but further details were not disclosed.
Six people in the other car suffered minor injuries in the crash. They were treated at a hospital and later released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 10 min ago
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 29 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million