New Jersey News
New Jersey man helping alleged drunk driver struck by 2nd
PARAMUS, N.J. -- Police say a Paramus man is in critical condition after being struck by an alleged drunk driver after pulling over to help a woman who had crashed while also allegedly driving drunk.
The Record of Woodland Park reports http://bit.ly/Rwjvzf that 21-year-old Farbod Fallah of Paramus pulled his car over at around 2:15 a.m. Friday to help a woman who police say had crashed her car into a utility pole while driving intoxicated.
Police say Fallah had pulled alongside the woman's vehicle, called 911, and left his car to assist her when both vehicles were struck by a car driven by 30-year-old Gregory Komporlis of River Edge.
Police arrested Komporlis, who they say was driving drunk. It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
Fallah remains hospitalized in Hackensack.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paramus, dwi, new jersey news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 24 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 4 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 43 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos