New Jersey News
New Jersey man helping alleged drunk driver struck by 2nd
PARAMUS, N.J. -- Police say a Paramus man is in critical condition after being struck by an alleged drunk driver after pulling over to help a woman who had crashed while also allegedly driving drunk.
The Record of Woodland Park reports http://bit.ly/Rwjvzf that 21-year-old Farbod Fallah of Paramus pulled his car over at around 2:15 a.m. Friday to help a woman who police say had crashed her car into a utility pole while driving intoxicated.
Police say Fallah had pulled alongside the woman's vehicle, called 911, and left his car to assist her when both vehicles were struck by a car driven by 30-year-old Gregory Komporlis of River Edge.
Police arrested Komporlis, who they say was driving drunk. It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
Fallah remains hospitalized in Hackensack.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paramus, dwi, new jersey news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases