New Jersey News
Firefighters battle 7-alarm blaze in Elizabeth
ELIZABETH (WABC) -- A seven-alarm fire burned through a large auto body shop in Elizabeth, New Jersey, early Tuesday.
The fire broke out inside Portuguese Auto Repair on 7th Street just before 4:30 a.m.
The flames burned through numerous vehicles in the auto body shop.
Numerous loud explosions inside the business were believed caused by gas or propane tanks.
Crews initially had to force their way into the business to gain access.
No injuries were immediately reported.
Meanwhile, a three-alarm fire burned through a home at 315 Broad Street in Keyport. Residents escaped the fire, which appears to have started in the attic at around 4:15 a.m.
Several houses were also reported on fire on Mystic Island in Little Egg Harbor, Ocean County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, elizabeth, fire, new jersey news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases