New Jersey News
State: Teen, 17, hired to strip at bar, paid in alcohol
NATIONAL PARK (WABC) -- Regulators have suspended the alcohol license for a southern New Jersey bar after managers were caught hiring a 17-year-old to strip and paying her with alcohol.
Park Place Bar and Grill in National Park cannot serve alcohol for 50 days as a result of the decision announced Thursday by the state Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
Officials say an investigator in February 2011 found the minor being served drinks by a bartender, who told officials she was directed to give her as many drinks as she wanted "to loosen her up."
A bartender, manager and owner were charged with serving alcohol to a minor. The girl and two others were charged with underage drinking.
"The division aggressively sought the suspension of this license, and we will continue to look for licensees who serve alcohol available to persons under the legal age," said Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control Director Michael Halfacre. "This case was particularly troubling because the licensee used alcohol to exploit a minor for financial gain."
In addition to admitting the underage violations, Park Place Bar and Grill also conceded they had been purchasing alcohol from a nearby liquor store for sale at their establishment, which is also a violation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos