New Jersey News
State: Teen, 17, hired to strip at bar, paid in alcohol
NATIONAL PARK (WABC) -- Regulators have suspended the alcohol license for a southern New Jersey bar after managers were caught hiring a 17-year-old to strip and paying her with alcohol.
Park Place Bar and Grill in National Park cannot serve alcohol for 50 days as a result of the decision announced Thursday by the state Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
Officials say an investigator in February 2011 found the minor being served drinks by a bartender, who told officials she was directed to give her as many drinks as she wanted "to loosen her up."
A bartender, manager and owner were charged with serving alcohol to a minor. The girl and two others were charged with underage drinking.
"The division aggressively sought the suspension of this license, and we will continue to look for licensees who serve alcohol available to persons under the legal age," said Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control Director Michael Halfacre. "This case was particularly troubling because the licensee used alcohol to exploit a minor for financial gain."
In addition to admitting the underage violations, Park Place Bar and Grill also conceded they had been purchasing alcohol from a nearby liquor store for sale at their establishment, which is also a violation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
48 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos