New Jersey News
2 unhurt when small plane crashes on New Jersey beach
BAY HEAD, N.J. -- Two people escaped injury when a small plane crashed on a beach in southern New Jersey.
The crash occurred around 3:30 p.m. Sunday in the Ocean County community of Bay Head.
Authorities say the Cessna-style plane apparently experienced engine trouble and glided down to land on the beach. But as it came down, it struck debris under the sand and flipped over.
The pilot and a passenger, whose names were not released, were able to get out of the aircraft by themselves and did not appear to be injured. No one on the ground was injured.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by local authorities and the Federal Aviation Administration.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bayhead, ocean county, plane crash, new jersey news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Tornado Warning: Dutchess County 23 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One 46 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
19 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos