New Jersey News
2 unhurt when small plane crashes on New Jersey beach
BAY HEAD, N.J. -- Two people escaped injury when a small plane crashed on a beach in southern New Jersey.
The crash occurred around 3:30 p.m. Sunday in the Ocean County community of Bay Head.
Authorities say the Cessna-style plane apparently experienced engine trouble and glided down to land on the beach. But as it came down, it struck debris under the sand and flipped over.
The pilot and a passenger, whose names were not released, were able to get out of the aircraft by themselves and did not appear to be injured. No one on the ground was injured.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by local authorities and the Federal Aviation Administration.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bayhead, ocean county, plane crash, new jersey news
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home 8 min ago
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty 23 min ago
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane... 45 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale