New Jersey News
2 teen girls shot after basketball game in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are investigating a shooting that happened after a high school basketball game.
Two teenage girls were hit at Essex County College in Newark around 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
East Side and Shabazz high schools were playing in the gym prior to the incident.
Each girl was shot once.
Their injuries are not considered life threatening.
The game was attended by more than 1,000 spectators.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, teen, shooting, new jersey news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 36 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos