New Jersey News
Officer shot at South Jersey police station released
GLOUCESTER COUNTY -- The last of three police officers shot and wounded by an arrested man inside a southern New Jersey police station has left the hospital.
Gloucester Township authorities say Sgt. James Garber, who underwent surgery for a gunshot wound to his abdomen, was discharged Sunday. His two colleagues, Officer Ruth Burns and Sgt. Kevin Thine, were both released on Friday, the day the shooting occurred.
The arrested man, Willingboro resident Eddie Jones III, was a state Department of Corrections civilian employee who had been accused of stalking a former girlfriend.
Jones was shot and killed after he overpowered Burns and disarmed her. Authorities say Jones fired at Burns, but Garber and Thine quickly came to her aid and returned fire on Jones.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, police officer shot, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 22 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 20 min ago
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 20 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
21 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
20 min ago