New Jersey News
Officer shot at South Jersey police station released
GLOUCESTER COUNTY -- The last of three police officers shot and wounded by an arrested man inside a southern New Jersey police station has left the hospital.
Gloucester Township authorities say Sgt. James Garber, who underwent surgery for a gunshot wound to his abdomen, was discharged Sunday. His two colleagues, Officer Ruth Burns and Sgt. Kevin Thine, were both released on Friday, the day the shooting occurred.
The arrested man, Willingboro resident Eddie Jones III, was a state Department of Corrections civilian employee who had been accused of stalking a former girlfriend.
Jones was shot and killed after he overpowered Burns and disarmed her. Authorities say Jones fired at Burns, but Garber and Thine quickly came to her aid and returned fire on Jones.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, police officer shot, police officer injured, new jersey news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem 57 min ago
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 6 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos