New Jersey News
Officer shot at South Jersey police station released
GLOUCESTER COUNTY -- The last of three police officers shot and wounded by an arrested man inside a southern New Jersey police station has left the hospital.
Gloucester Township authorities say Sgt. James Garber, who underwent surgery for a gunshot wound to his abdomen, was discharged Sunday. His two colleagues, Officer Ruth Burns and Sgt. Kevin Thine, were both released on Friday, the day the shooting occurred.
The arrested man, Willingboro resident Eddie Jones III, was a state Department of Corrections civilian employee who had been accused of stalking a former girlfriend.
Jones was shot and killed after he overpowered Burns and disarmed her. Authorities say Jones fired at Burns, but Garber and Thine quickly came to her aid and returned fire on Jones.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, police officer shot, police officer injured, new jersey news
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 32 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 51 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 29 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 33 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 27 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
51 min ago