New Jersey News
Officer shot at South Jersey police station released
GLOUCESTER COUNTY -- The last of three police officers shot and wounded by an arrested man inside a southern New Jersey police station has left the hospital.
Gloucester Township authorities say Sgt. James Garber, who underwent surgery for a gunshot wound to his abdomen, was discharged Sunday. His two colleagues, Officer Ruth Burns and Sgt. Kevin Thine, were both released on Friday, the day the shooting occurred.
The arrested man, Willingboro resident Eddie Jones III, was a state Department of Corrections civilian employee who had been accused of stalking a former girlfriend.
Jones was shot and killed after he overpowered Burns and disarmed her. Authorities say Jones fired at Burns, but Garber and Thine quickly came to her aid and returned fire on Jones.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, police officer shot, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 25 min ago
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
25 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos