New Jersey News
NJ State Trooper injured in Turnpike accident
SECAUCUS, New Jersey (WABC) -- A New Jersey State Police trooper was injured in a crash on the New Jersey Turnpike in Secaucus Friday morning.
The state police cruiser went off the turnpike on the eastern spur near milemarker 113 just after 8:30 a.m.
The vehicle flipped onto its side, and the trooper had to be extricated by first responders.
The trooper was rushed by helicopter to University Hospital in Newark with non life threatening injuries.
The trooper is based out of Newark.
It did not immediately appear that other vehicles were involved in the crash, which is under investigation.
At least two northbound Turnpike lanes on the eastern spur were closed for the investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, officer injured, new jersey turnpike, new jersey news
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
6 min ago