New Jersey News
Man charged with stabbing 2 at homeless encampment
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Aggravated assault charges have been filed against a man who allegedly stabbed two other people at an encampment of homeless people near the Jersey shore.
Forty-two-year-old Robert Faison also faces a weapons charge stemming from Saturday's attacks at Tent City, an encampment in the woods of Lakewood. He was being held Sunday on $80,000 bail.
Authorities say a man was stabbed in his chest and buttocks, while a woman was stabbed in her left arm and on the right side of her body. Both were being treated at a hospital, but their wounds are not considered life-threatening.
It was not clear what spurred the attacks, which occurred around 6:30 p.m. Authorities say the victims identified Faison as their assailant, but he was not located until late Saturday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, homeless, stabbing, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 44 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams