New Jersey News
Man killed, woman wounded in Newark shooting
NEWARK -- Prosecutors say a man was killed and a woman was wounded when shots rang out on a Newark street.
But it's not yet clear what spurred the shootings in the area of South Street and Broad Avenue.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 20-year-old Efrahim Kinchen was pronounced dead at a hospital around 1:45 p.m. Monday, shortly after the shootings occurred. The other victim, identified only as a 33-year-old woman, was hospitalized in stable condition.
Murray says it appears that the woman was an innocent bystander, but further details on the shootings and the injuries the woman suffered were not disclosed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 18 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years 19 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
43 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos