New Jersey News
2 suspects in Wayne break-ins arrested
WAYNE, N.J. (WABC) -- There was new information on Saturday night on a string of burglaries in Wayne.
Police arrested 20-year-old Ahmet Islami and 21-year-old Marjorie Alva on Friday after a tipster identified them on surveillance video.
Investigators say the pair robbed at least two homes in Wayne in December.
"And if someone answers the door, they ask if it's okay to go in the backyard to look for a football, then they just leave," said Chief John Reardon, Wayne Police.
That's what they did in the video because the homeowner answered. Wayne Police believe these two may be responsible for a couple of break-ins near Oxbow Place. When they happened neighbors have reported seeing these two around.
"There's a strong coincidence here. Why would they be going to several houses with that same question about looking for a football?" Chief Reardon said.
Two homes were broken into; one on December 3rd, the other, Christmas Eve, a homeowner gave video to police after hearing about the crimes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, wayne, theft, new jersey news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit trains back on schedule after earlier delays
- Snow coming down in New York City 1 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 25 min ago
- Snow falling on Long Island 8 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront 20 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Snow coming down in New York City
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos