New Jersey News
2 suspects in Wayne break-ins arrested
WAYNE, N.J. (WABC) -- There was new information on Saturday night on a string of burglaries in Wayne.
Police arrested 20-year-old Ahmet Islami and 21-year-old Marjorie Alva on Friday after a tipster identified them on surveillance video.
Investigators say the pair robbed at least two homes in Wayne in December.
"And if someone answers the door, they ask if it's okay to go in the backyard to look for a football, then they just leave," said Chief John Reardon, Wayne Police.
That's what they did in the video because the homeowner answered. Wayne Police believe these two may be responsible for a couple of break-ins near Oxbow Place. When they happened neighbors have reported seeing these two around.
"There's a strong coincidence here. Why would they be going to several houses with that same question about looking for a football?" Chief Reardon said.
Two homes were broken into; one on December 3rd, the other, Christmas Eve, a homeowner gave video to police after hearing about the crimes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, wayne, theft, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 13 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos