New Jersey News
2 suspects in Wayne break-ins arrested
WAYNE, N.J. (WABC) -- There was new information on Saturday night on a string of burglaries in Wayne.
Police arrested 20-year-old Ahmet Islami and 21-year-old Marjorie Alva on Friday after a tipster identified them on surveillance video.
Investigators say the pair robbed at least two homes in Wayne in December.
"And if someone answers the door, they ask if it's okay to go in the backyard to look for a football, then they just leave," said Chief John Reardon, Wayne Police.
That's what they did in the video because the homeowner answered. Wayne Police believe these two may be responsible for a couple of break-ins near Oxbow Place. When they happened neighbors have reported seeing these two around.
"There's a strong coincidence here. Why would they be going to several houses with that same question about looking for a football?" Chief Reardon said.
Two homes were broken into; one on December 3rd, the other, Christmas Eve, a homeowner gave video to police after hearing about the crimes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, wayne, theft, new jersey news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Police investiate possible bias attack on Broadway
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department