New Jersey News
Jackson band to perform at Obama inauguration
JACKSON (WABC) -- Just seconds in to a song, you can tell this band rocks!
Just seconds in to a song, you can tell this band rocks!
There's also proof in the hardware. The Jackson Jaguars band has earned hundreds of trophies, and more than 200 of them say first place. All of them earned with Bud McCormick at the helm.
"Great support from parents, administration and kids. We do great things," McCormick said.
They just performed in the rose bowl parade. David Montgomery marched all 7 miles, less than 3 days after an emergency appendectomy.
"It was painful with some of the hugs, but it was exciting that I actually got to go," he said.
Jackson High School's 200 member band will be heading to Washington, D.C. for the inauguration. The band is the only group from the region selected to perform.
"I'm a big Obama fan. Never thought I'd get to see him. Amazing experience," clarinet player Randy Masco said.
They'll be playing God Bless America for President Obama..How cool is this: more than 2700 groups applied and the Jaguars are among the favored few.
McCormick's 2004 band also played at the bush inauguration. His 30 years of leadership is legendary.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, obama inauguration, new jersey news, toni yates
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos