New Jersey News
Jackson band to perform at Obama inauguration
JACKSON (WABC) -- Just seconds in to a song, you can tell this band rocks!
Just seconds in to a song, you can tell this band rocks!
There's also proof in the hardware. The Jackson Jaguars band has earned hundreds of trophies, and more than 200 of them say first place. All of them earned with Bud McCormick at the helm.
"Great support from parents, administration and kids. We do great things," McCormick said.
They just performed in the rose bowl parade. David Montgomery marched all 7 miles, less than 3 days after an emergency appendectomy.
"It was painful with some of the hugs, but it was exciting that I actually got to go," he said.
Jackson High School's 200 member band will be heading to Washington, D.C. for the inauguration. The band is the only group from the region selected to perform.
"I'm a big Obama fan. Never thought I'd get to see him. Amazing experience," clarinet player Randy Masco said.
They'll be playing God Bless America for President Obama..How cool is this: more than 2700 groups applied and the Jaguars are among the favored few.
McCormick's 2004 band also played at the bush inauguration. His 30 years of leadership is legendary.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, obama inauguration, new jersey news, toni yates
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 39 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 48 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 56 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
35 min ago