New Jersey News
Funeral services for teen who fell through ice
MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services are being held Saturday for one of the two teenagers who fell through the ice in northern New Jersey this past week.
Family and friends gathered Friday night for the wake for 15-year old Nick Cianciotto.
He disappeared along with a friend in Budd Lake in Mount Olive.
The body of Clyde Schimanski III was found late Wednesday afternoon, one day after Cianciotto's body had been recovered.
Officials have said the boys were out fishing on the mostly frozen lake shortly after 6 p.m. Monday when they somehow ended up in the water.
Police received reports of screams for help coming from the lake a short time later.
Authorities have said two residents went out on a boat in a bid to rescue the teens, but failed to find anyone.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, morris county, ice, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos