New Jersey News
Funeral services for teen who fell through ice
MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services are being held Saturday for one of the two teenagers who fell through the ice in northern New Jersey this past week.
Family and friends gathered Friday night for the wake for 15-year old Nick Cianciotto.
He disappeared along with a friend in Budd Lake in Mount Olive.
The body of Clyde Schimanski III was found late Wednesday afternoon, one day after Cianciotto's body had been recovered.
Officials have said the boys were out fishing on the mostly frozen lake shortly after 6 p.m. Monday when they somehow ended up in the water.
Police received reports of screams for help coming from the lake a short time later.
Authorities have said two residents went out on a boat in a bid to rescue the teens, but failed to find anyone.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, morris county, ice, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor 36 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos