New Jersey News
Funeral services for teen who fell through ice
MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services are being held Saturday for one of the two teenagers who fell through the ice in northern New Jersey this past week.
Family and friends gathered Friday night for the wake for 15-year old Nick Cianciotto.
He disappeared along with a friend in Budd Lake in Mount Olive.
The body of Clyde Schimanski III was found late Wednesday afternoon, one day after Cianciotto's body had been recovered.
Officials have said the boys were out fishing on the mostly frozen lake shortly after 6 p.m. Monday when they somehow ended up in the water.
Police received reports of screams for help coming from the lake a short time later.
Authorities have said two residents went out on a boat in a bid to rescue the teens, but failed to find anyone.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, morris county, ice, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor... 59 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted 38 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 2 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College...
59 min ago