New Jersey News
Flu suspected in death of NJ teen
WESTFIELD, N.J. (WABC) -- The flu outbreak has perhaps claimed the life of a New Jersey teenager.
A 14-year-old student at Westfield High School died Wednesday.
The New Jersey Health Department is now investigating the case as a suspected flu death.
If he did die from the flu, this would be the third flu-related death of a minor in New Jersey this season.
In a statement by Westfield High School Principal, Peter Renwick, he said, "My heart goes out to the student's family and friends. Our teachers and counselors are ready to provide support and guidance to classmates as we grieve this loss together."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, flu, new jersey news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 20 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 1 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 39 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
20 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos