New Jersey News
Flu suspected in death of NJ teen
WESTFIELD, N.J. (WABC) -- The flu outbreak has perhaps claimed the life of a New Jersey teenager.
A 14-year-old student at Westfield High School died Wednesday.
The New Jersey Health Department is now investigating the case as a suspected flu death.
If he did die from the flu, this would be the third flu-related death of a minor in New Jersey this season.
In a statement by Westfield High School Principal, Peter Renwick, he said, "My heart goes out to the student's family and friends. Our teachers and counselors are ready to provide support and guidance to classmates as we grieve this loss together."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, flu, new jersey news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 35 min ago
- Man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car 45 min ago
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash 26 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse