New Jersey News
12-year-old girl latest flu-linked death in New Jersey
TRENTON -- Health officials say the flu has been linked to the deaths of four children in New Jersey this flu season.
Testing showed a 12-year-old girl in Bergen County, who died in January, had influenza.
Health Department spokeswoman Donna Leusner tells The Record newspaper the girl had underlying medical conditions that made her more vulnerable to complications of the flu.
Officials also linked influenza to the deaths of a 14-year-old boy in Ocean County and an 8-month-old boy in Camden. Both had underlying conditions.
No other conditions were found in a 14-year-old boy in Westfield who died on the flu.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, flu, flu vaccine, new jersey news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos