New Jersey News
Website for Bed Bath and Beyond stabbing victim
MIDDLETOWN, N.J. (WABC) -- The family of the victim in the vicious stabbing at a Bed Bath and Beyond store in New Jersey is speaking out for the first time.
Kerri Dalton was repeatedly stabbed last Thursday at the store in Middletown.
Her family announced the launch of a website, helpkerridalton.org where people can send messages of support.
A spokesman at Jersey Shore Medical Center, where Dalton is recovering, read a statement from her husband, Roger.
"Words of concern and encouragement have meant so much during this difficult time. Each and every day, Kerri is improving physically, and we are so grateful for the care she has received, but she has a very long road of recovery ahead of her," said Rob Cavanaugh, Meridian Health Spokesman.
The suspect in the stabbing, 19-year old Tyrik Haynes, is being held on $1 million bail.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, stabbing, new jersey news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash