New Jersey News
Highway reopens after Newark tractor trailer crash
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police have reopened all eastbound lanes of Interstate 280 in Newark, after an overturned tractor trailer forced the closure of the highway Saturday morning.
The highway was closed at Exit 15 after the accident at about 2:30 a.m. just before the Stickel Drawbridge.
The container truck, carrying washers, dryers, and cleaning materials, ended up on its side.
Authorities used a crane to clear away the container, after removing the cab of the truck.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
It is still unclear whether the driver may have hit a slick spot caused by Friday night's snow.
The condition of the driver is still not known.
There were massive backups in the area, as traffic was diverted from the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013