New Jersey News
Highway reopens after Newark tractor trailer crash
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police have reopened all eastbound lanes of Interstate 280 in Newark, after an overturned tractor trailer forced the closure of the highway Saturday morning.
The highway was closed at Exit 15 after the accident at about 2:30 a.m. just before the Stickel Drawbridge.
The container truck, carrying washers, dryers, and cleaning materials, ended up on its side.
Authorities used a crane to clear away the container, after removing the cab of the truck.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
It is still unclear whether the driver may have hit a slick spot caused by Friday night's snow.
The condition of the driver is still not known.
There were massive backups in the area, as traffic was diverted from the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos