New Jersey News
Woman struck, killed by NJ Transit train
SHORT HILLS, N.J. -- New Jersey Transit says a woman was struck and killed by a train in northern New Jersey.
The accident occurred around 10 p.m. Saturday, just west of the Short Hills station. It's not clear why the woman was on the tracks, and authorities say she has not yet been identified.
Officials say the engineer sounded the Dover-bound train's horn and activated the emergency brakes, but could not stop the train in time. None of the 325 passengers and crew aboard the train were injured in the accident.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, train accident, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up 38 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 46 min ago
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash 33 min ago
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Winning numbers drawn in Powerball jackpot 35 min ago
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
38 min ago
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at...
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos