New Jersey News
Woman struck, killed by NJ Transit train
SHORT HILLS, N.J. -- New Jersey Transit says a woman was struck and killed by a train in northern New Jersey.
The accident occurred around 10 p.m. Saturday, just west of the Short Hills station. It's not clear why the woman was on the tracks, and authorities say she has not yet been identified.
Officials say the engineer sounded the Dover-bound train's horn and activated the emergency brakes, but could not stop the train in time. None of the 325 passengers and crew aboard the train were injured in the accident.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, train accident, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 53 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son 8 min ago
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists to protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
53 min ago