New Jersey News
Woman struck, killed by NJ Transit train
SHORT HILLS, N.J. -- New Jersey Transit says a woman was struck and killed by a train in northern New Jersey.
The accident occurred around 10 p.m. Saturday, just west of the Short Hills station. It's not clear why the woman was on the tracks, and authorities say she has not yet been identified.
Officials say the engineer sounded the Dover-bound train's horn and activated the emergency brakes, but could not stop the train in time. None of the 325 passengers and crew aboard the train were injured in the accident.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, train accident, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 15 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term 33 min ago
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break 22 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
15 min ago