New Jersey News
One man, 2 firefighters hurt in East Rutherford fire
EAST RUTHERFORD -- Authorities say a fast-moving fire gutted a northern New Jersey home, leaving one resident hospitalized and two firefighters injured.
Dozens of firefighters battled the blaze at the three-story home in East Rutherford, which broke out around 11 a.m. Sunday and spread rapidly through the house. A woman was able to escape the flames, but an unconscious man was pulled from the home and taken to a hospital with undisclosed injuries that were described as "serious."
The two injured firefighters were also being treated at a hospital. One was injured when a hose struck his arm, while the other was being treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, fire, firefighter injured, new jersey news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 55 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 20 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build 34 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos