New Jersey News
One man, 2 firefighters hurt in East Rutherford fire
EAST RUTHERFORD -- Authorities say a fast-moving fire gutted a northern New Jersey home, leaving one resident hospitalized and two firefighters injured.
Dozens of firefighters battled the blaze at the three-story home in East Rutherford, which broke out around 11 a.m. Sunday and spread rapidly through the house. A woman was able to escape the flames, but an unconscious man was pulled from the home and taken to a hospital with undisclosed injuries that were described as "serious."
The two injured firefighters were also being treated at a hospital. One was injured when a hose struck his arm, while the other was being treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, fire, firefighter injured, new jersey news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island 55 min ago
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 34 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 45 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos