New Jersey News
One man, 2 firefighters hurt in East Rutherford fire
EAST RUTHERFORD -- Authorities say a fast-moving fire gutted a northern New Jersey home, leaving one resident hospitalized and two firefighters injured.
Dozens of firefighters battled the blaze at the three-story home in East Rutherford, which broke out around 11 a.m. Sunday and spread rapidly through the house. A woman was able to escape the flames, but an unconscious man was pulled from the home and taken to a hospital with undisclosed injuries that were described as "serious."
The two injured firefighters were also being treated at a hospital. One was injured when a hose struck his arm, while the other was being treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, fire, firefighter injured, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card 21 min ago
- Man arrested in unprovoked Brooklyn subway platform assault 10 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Man says he was unjustly pepper sprayed by police
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos